17 May 2007

MST3K (1013)

1013 - Diabolik - "Well, I'm sorry if you're offended by my random murders." I'm sorry, but I wasn't on Diabolik's side for this one, no matter the intensions of the filmmakers. He was kind of a jerk. I was rooting for dumb-as-nails Ginko the whole way, cool as it may or may not be to roll around in money with a naked girl. Still, it was better than Agent for H.A.R.M., the only other Sci-Fi era movie vaguely in the same genre.

The riffing was pretty much on par for season 10. I didn't detect any extra humorosity injected into the goings-on for this special episode. The host segments were just some tying-things-up goings-on; not terribly special. I think I probably agree with some fans out there that 706 made for a better final episode. Though, I do like the fact that Mike and bots got back to Earth after so many years.

The final host segment, in which Mike and the bots find themselves with nothing better to do than watch The Crawling Eye in their shared apartment, turned out to be prophetic. With their RiffTraxes and their The Film Crewes, Mike, Kevin and Bill are essentially sitting on a couch and watching bad movies all over again. I'll write about that more, later.

Kevin-as-Tom's last word: "Hmm." Kevin-as-Bobo's last word: "(monkey noises)." Bill-as-Crow's last word: "it." Bill-as-Brain Guy's last word: "way." Mike's last word: "in." Mike was trapped on the Satellite of Love for 2109 days (5 years, 9 months, 10 days) and watched 91 movies and 23 shorts. Pearl's last word: "am." Pearl Forrester tortured the residents of the SOL for 919 days (2 years, 6 months, 8 days) and forced them to watch 48 movies and 3 shorts.

"You smell like a tire store." (7/10)

film d. Mario Bava (1967)
mst d. Kevin Murphy (8 Aug 1999)